3 May 2012
12 June 2020
Senior Leadership Team
Staff, students, parents
National Principles 1-10
1. We recognise and value the significant contribution made by volunteers to the school community.
2. This policy is intended to ensure that volunteers working at the College have work that is safe, significant, fulfilling, and appreciated. It applies to staff, parents, and others wishing to volunteer at the College.
1. All volunteers shall be treated with respect and with gratitude for their contribution;
2. Volunteers shall be appointed at the discretion of the management of the College;
3. Volunteers shall carry out duties assigned by the management of the College;
4. All volunteers shall, as far as possible, be protected from harm, and shall be relieved of liability for acts performed in the discharge of their volunteer functions.
1. It is the responsibility of the Finance Manager of the College to appoint a person to be assigned to be a volunteer.
2. The Finance Manager will ensure that recruitment and adequate training and supervision of volunteers takes place. Volunteers are to be capable of fulfilling their assigned functions.
3. The Finance Manager shall report regularly to the Senior Leadership Team on the status of the College’s volunteer program.
1. Recruitment: All volunteers are subject to screening and approval, and must abide by the College’s Code of Conduct for staff;
- All volunteers shall be offered appropriate information and training to discharge their functions, and successful completion of this training shall be a condition of carrying out these functions.
- It is not necessary for parents of students enrolled at the College to obtain a Working with Children Check. However, if a volunteer is not a parent of a student attending the College, they will be required to obtain a Working with Children Check at their own expense. The volunteer is to have his or her WWCC card on them at all times while on College grounds, and a copy is to be provided to the Business Office for College records.
3. Supervision: All volunteers shall receive appropriate supervision in the exercise of their functions;
4. Reimbursement: All volunteers shall be reimbursed (non-salary) for all approved expenditure incurred in the exercise of their functions;
5. Dispute resolution: All volunteers shall be entitled to appeal to the procedures set out in the College’s Grievances and Complaints Policy;
6. Confidentiality: All volunteers shall sign the attached confidentiality clause prior to commencing their volunteer duties.